Public Relations Account Executive/Copywriter
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, smart and generally awesome individual to join our team as Account Executive/Copywriter.
Do you wish you could write and create B2B content everyday? Are you excited about securing media coverage for business and technical clients? Are you committed to evolving with the public relations and marketing industry and learning new tactics and strategies? Do you love being proactive and generating results? Already have two or three years of experience under your belt? We want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates will possess excellent writing skills, a creative mind, media relations experience, a winning personality, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to make innovative and effective use of all communications tools.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and see ways to use it to advance our clients’ interests and grow our agency
- A self-starter who sees what needs to be done and does it without prompting.
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can carry out assigned duties with minimal supervision and who keeps excellent records and files.
- A persuasive personality, i.e., the ability to connect with people, particularly journalists, and convince them to take some action, such as publishing a news story.
- A background in and aptitude for business-to-business (B2B) and technical writing and pitching.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage — and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- A thorough grasp of — and experience in — public relations, digital media and marketing techniques.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Manage project-based and/or retainer clients under guidance of supervisor.
- Serve as main client contact for clients, handle day-to-day activities and strengthen rapport between the company and the client.
- Develop and pitch news stories to local, national and trade media.
- Write and edit press releases, media advisories, blog posts, newsletters, emails, social media, website copy, as well as other marketing copy as needed, including brochures, ads, presentations, etc.
- Develop public relations and digital strategies and manage timelines.
- Maintain project summaries to track task completion.
- Attend and help conduct monthly status meetings with clients.
- Create reports on media, analytics and performance to present to clients.
- Work with AAs and interns on delegating and completing tasks.
- Other duties as assigned, including: setting up overseeing speaking engagements, event management, coordinating graphic/broadcast/digital production jobs.
- Train quickly on our tools and processes for public relations, inbound marketing, email, social media, etc. and stay up-to-date with new marketing technologies.
- Maintain organized files.
- Minimum of 2-3+ years of full-time agency or media experience (not including internships).
- B2B and agency experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills, natural tendency to prioritize and create timelines/deadlines for work.
- Desire to collaborate as part of a team.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills a plus.
- Ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Prior knowledge of media databases and office applications, or a quick learner.
- Proficiency in design and layout programs — InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. – a plus.
- Self-starter who can complete projects with minor direction.
- Knowledge of digital communications with desire to continue learning.
- Professional approach to receiving constructive criticism.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- 5 Traits of a Bradford Group PR Pro
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Why we want you to come work with us
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
- Why the Bradford Group loves Millennials
- Why We Hire Smart PR and Marketing Pros
Learn more about our company culture here:
- 30 Ways to Create a Great Company Culture
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us your info!
Also, check out our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, we hope you Like us!