Looking Good to Feel Better: Inner Design Studio (Interior Design)
A health care facility interior design firm’s healing environments grab national headlines and magazine covers
Designing the interiors of more than 600 medical facilities across the nation, Inner Design Studio has been a Nashville leader in health care design for nearly 20 years. The nine-person firm delivers refreshing, innovative interior concepts to some of the top health care companies in the nation, like HCA, Lifepoint Hospitals, AmSurg, Universal Health Services, Carolinas HealthCare Systems, Ameris Health Systems and more.
When Inner Design Studio wanted to raise their profile on a national stage and develop their founder into an industry thought leader, we developed a media strategy to appeal to national trade publications by leveraging their extensive work portfolio, design experience and health care knowledge.
Our focus was using traditional public relations tactics to generate placement in some of the health care industry’s top magazines.
We began by determining what set Inner Design Studio apart from other health care design firms through an in-depth analysis of the company, staff and completed projects. After learning the company’s design strengths, developing a list of newsworthy health care editorial ideas and prioritizing which projects to promote, we set three PR goals for the year:
- Get published in Healthcare Design Magazine, the holy grail of health care design publication.
- Land the cover of other frequently read health care trade publications through media relations efforts, which included developing writing, pitching design projects and thought leadership content.
- Leverage design installations to be used in manufacturer or product advertisement.
We exceeded every PR goal set well within the one-year time frame and achieved phenomenal results that kept Inner Design Studio’s phone ringing with congratulatory remarks from colleagues and new business leads.
Here’s a look at how we “rocked it” for Inner Design Studio:
- Pitched and wrote a three-page spread for Healthcare Design Magazine’s April Issue, as well as nabbing another online editorial feature in October. Download PDFs of the stories below.
- Landed the cover page and wrote lead stories for six different health care trade publications: Health Facilities Management, Floor Focus, Medical Construction & Design, FacilityCare, Minority and Women in Business Magazine and Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Generated local press coverage in the Nashville Business Journal, Nashville Medical News, Nashville City Paper, Nashville Post, Murrieta Press Enterprise, Lamar Times, The Daily News, The Daily News Journal and more.
- Persuaded four manufacturers (Armstrong Ceiling, Marlite, Faux Iron and Gold Leaf) to use Inner Design Studio project photos in upcoming ads, catalogs and websites.