Making It Big on the National Stage: DSi (Tech)
Earning an eDiscovery company its spot on the national stage by developing strategic media relations and establishing thought leadership
DSi began as a litigation support services company that provided imaging/photocopying services to law firms in the Nashville area. Two years after the company was founded, it expanded to provide eDiscovery and digital forensics services to law firms – and eventually to corporations. Soon after this, company leadership decided that DSi was ready for growth outside the local Nashville market and to be known as a major player in the eDiscovery industry nationally – and they hired the Bradford Group to help them realize these goals.
We began by raising local awareness of the company through publicity in area business publications, as well as identifying and nominating DSi for Nashville-area business awards that we believed the company could win. Once this base was established, we expanded our publicity efforts to include regional and national media.
Building on this successful national awareness and positioning campaign, we facilitated and managed continuing legal education (CLE) seminars in several cities that DSi co-hosted with a vendor. We also developed case studies and white papers that were used as handouts at events, as sales tools and as website content.
Acting as DSi’s outsourced marketing department, we expanded our work beyond publicity to include website copy, graphic design and the research, writing and design of DSi’s proposals – as well as providing social media and inbound marketing services. With the latter, we used the content we were creating on a regular basis – such as white papers and case studies – to attract qualified leads to DSi’s website, where we used inbound software to capture the visitors’ contact information and send them automated, personalized emails. To supplement these inbound marketing efforts, maximize keyword integration and enhance SEO, we began blogging weekly for DSi.
As DSi grew, executive management started focusing strongly on company culture, and we ensured that this message was appropriately included in the content we created – from website copy to blogging to social media. We also secured significant media coverage highlighting the importance of a strong company culture, and we created an ebook showcasing DSi’s dedication to its culture and people. This focused effort contributed to DSi winning the Inc. magazine Best Workplaces Award, which recognizes the nation’s top 50 workplaces.
- Increased website views 70% over two years.
- Increased email opens 11% over one year.
- Increased email clicks 10% over one year.
- Increased blog views 24% over one year.
- Increased social media clicks by 52% over one year.
- Increased overall social media followers by 41% over one year.
- Increased social media interactions by 147% over one year.
- Placed an average of more than five stories per month in local and national news media – generating millions of impressions.
- Successfully identified and nominated DSi for many awards, including Inc. Best Workplaces, Nashville Post Best Employers, Nashville Chamber of Commerce Future 50, Nashville Next Awards Business Culture Winner, The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces and Nashville Business Journal Small Business of the Year finalist.