Public Relations Account Associate
Have some PR chops that you’re ready to put to use? Do you have passion and experience in crafting content for use in marketing and public relations? Do you have a thirst for knowledge? Are you willing to try new things? Can you convey specific messaging via written and verbal communications? Already have some full-time experience under your belt?
This position supports Account Executives and Account Managers on designated teams for specific accounts, taking on more account executive tasks, such as writing and pitching press releases, in addition to supporting tasks, such as creating media lists, booking speaking engagements, conducting research, etc.
In general, this position requires:
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can manage projects with many moving parts, keeps excellent records and files and needs a minimal amount of supervision.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage – and the ability to write and speak clearly, concisely and convincingly.
- An analytically inclined person who has a knack for understanding data and how to apply it to solve problems.
- A fast learner with a persuasive personality.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day administrative activities for account executives.
- Gather and analyze background information.
- Manage event logistics.
- Write PR and marketing content (press releases, blog posts, brochures, ads, newsletters, emails, etc.) under the direction of an account executive.
- Pitch and follow up with news media as required, under the direction of an account executive.
- Post comments to social media sites on behalf of clients, under the direction of an account executive.
- Analyze marketing data, statistics and trends.
- Set up speaking engagements and follow through to ensure that the speaker has what he or she needs and knows the details of the engagement.
- Attend in-person meetings and events with clients, when appropriate.
- Assist in managing interns.
- Proofread copy.
- Maintain orderly files.
- At least six months full-time work in public relations or media.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Ability to multi-task a number of different account requirements and deliver results under pressure.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Mastery of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media. Coding and scripting knowledge would be a plus, as would proficiency in design and layout programs — InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with CisionPoint or other PR platforms highly desirable.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and how we hire by reading these blog posts:
- 5 Traits of a Bradford Group PR Pro
- Traits of an Amazing Employee
- Calling All Hyper-Organized, PR-Loving Job Seekers
- Why we want you to come work with us
- Why we include the “it” factor in hiring
- Why the Bradford Group loves Millennials
- Why We Hire Smart PR and Marketing Pros
Learn more about our company culture here:
- 30 Ways to Create a Great Company Culture
- Succeeding Requires More Than Skill Sets
- Corporate Culture and Office Space
- the Bradford Group Company Culture
Interested in applying? Send us your info!
Have more experience? Check out our Account Executive position.
Also, visit our Facebook page for company celebrations and news. While you are there, Like us!