Public Relations Intern
Are you a smart, creative, organized student or recent graduate? Can you effectively and persuasively write and communicate? Interested in practicing results-oriented creativity? We want to hear from you!
Our internship program offers college juniors and seniors and recent graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-ground experience in the fast-paced world of integrated public relations and marketing.
Interns actively participate in the life of the agency and are involved in writing, media relations, PR valuations and social media – producing real work under the guidance of agency professionals. Your portfolio will grow in quantity and quality during your time here.
In general, this position requires:
- A fast learner who can quickly acquire knowledge and understand how it can be applied to advance our clients’ interests.
- An excellent understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage and AP/journalistic style.
- A detail-oriented, organized person who can carry out assigned duties on task and on time.
- An independent thinker who can contribute and generate new ideas.
- Experience in social media and various online tools.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Visiting media outlets (print and online) to check for client media hits; reporting findings to account executive.
- Writing copy as needed, including blogs, press releases, media advisories, articles and website copy.
- Creating social media calendars and updating social media for designated clients, monitoring interactions.
- Media relations, including list building, pitching and making follow-up calls.
- Assisting with award nominations.
- Clipping media hits and logging PR valuations.
- Conducting research and analysis as needed for marketing and public relations.
A limited number of internships are available per semester. Our fall and spring internships require at least 15 hours/week. Summer internships are full-time for at least two months. We offer a stipend upon completion of a successful internship. We can also work with your school for class credit.
Now accepting applications for the spring internship program! To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Learn more about the Bradford Group and our interns by reading these blog posts:
For more company information, find us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.